Thursday, April 16, 2015

Make a splash!

I was invited to celebrate the festival of colours. Unfortunetaly the friend who invited me could not go so I took my two good friends and we went. It was an exciting and overwhelming experience. We all had beer in one hand and coloured powder in the other. You can probably guess what happens next. Coloured powder bursts into the air in an exuberant rainbow of yellows, pinks, greens, purples and blues. So after smearing eachother in bright colours we danced to upbeat Zumba music. I do feel that the holi festivals in Poland will never be as amazing as the one's in the heart of India, but it was fun to get a glimpse of what Holi festivals are all about.

I've added a tiny bit of history about Holi.
Celebrated for hundreds of years and originating in the religious tradition of Hinduism, Holi marks the beginning of spring and also, in a religious sense, the triumph of good over evil. It’s a great reminder that we should settle conflicts, forgive each other and be friends!

It has always been my dream to visit beautiful India and celebrate the festival of colours there. So next spring I am coming to you India.


I'm a rainbow.



No comments:

Post a Comment